When do you need a change of Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)?
A change of DPS application must be made when one of the following occurs, the current designated premises supervisor ;
- No longer works at the premises.
- Has had their personal licence suspended.
- Is unable to act as a DPS due to a change in their personal circumstances. This might be
illness, a change in their immigration status or another reason.
- Is unwilling to continue to be the designated premises supervisor.
In the circumstances above, it’s important to make an application for a change of DPS immediately. As per Section 46 of the licensing act.
What qualifications are required to become a designated
To become a DPS an applicant must hold a valid personal licence. It is important to make sure the person applying to be a DPS is qualified, experienced and capable of fulfilling their responsibilities.
What steps are involved in a change of DPS?
These are the steps involved in changing a designated premises supervisor:
- Obtain consent from the current DPS. We will provide you with the form you need.
- Complete the application form and submit it along with supporting documentation. This includes consent from the current DPS, a copy of the new DPS’s personal licence, and a copy of your premises licence.
- Notify the police and other relevant authorities. The police ensure licensed premises operate responsibly and do not contribute to crime and disorder, so they need to know who to contact if necessary.
Innpacked’s licensing team can process the whole application for you.
As part of our application service, we ensure that all the relevant authorities receive the required documentation for the new DPS to be processed.
How long does a change a DPS application take?
At Innpacked, we eliminate delays by ensuring your application is completed accurately and all the relevant documentation is included. If there are requests for additional information, we respond promptly.
The police have 10 working days to make an objection to your change of DPS variation, however your application is deemed accepted as soon as the council receive the complete documentation and payment. You are able to operate the licence while the police consultation period is running.
If the police don’t object, your application will be granted. This usually takes up to 10 working days.
If the police do object, your application will be considered at a hearing by the Licensing Sub Committee. In the unlikely event this happens, we can provide a service to manage the entire process and advise you throughout.
Once your application has been approved, we will send you the amended premises licence with the new named designated premises supervisor.
Can we help you with a change of Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS)?
We can help you with every aspect of applying for a change of designated premises supervisor.
Our licensing team understand that your application must be processed quickly and accurately to avoid disruption to your business.
For advice about changing a DPS and to discuss how we can help, please contact us or call our friendly team on 08000 786 056
Change of Designated Premises Supervisor – £175 + VAT (including fees)