Temporary Event Notices
If you have an unlicensed premises, but wish to carry out a Licensable Activity, you can apply for a Temporary Events Notice.
If you have a Premises Licence, but the Licensed Activity you wish to hold is not covered by your existing licence, such as a wedding reception, a Temporary Events Notice is also necessary.
The terms of a Temporary Events Notice include:
1. The event must comprise fewer than 500 people at all times, which includes all staff.
2. The event must last no longer than 7 days.
3. You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
4. You need a separate TEN for each and every event held at the premises.
5. If you hold a Personal Licence, you can apply for up to 50 per year.
6. If holding consecutive, separate events, there must be at least a 24 hour gap between each one.
7. A single premises can apply for 12 TENs a year.
8. A copy of the TEN should be sent to the police at least 10 working days before the event takes place. However, if you make your application online, the council will usually contact the police on your behalf.
9. You can only apply for a TEN as an individual.
Innpacked can help you with TEN applications for your premises.
To discuss Ten’s or any licensing issue with our licensing team or get a no obligation quote, please call us on 08000 786 056 or use our live help.
Alternatively, you can click below and we’ll call you back.