Innpacked Logo

Local Licensing Authority

Your Local Licensing Authority

Under the 2003 Licensing Act, businesses, organisations and individuals who want to sell or supply alcohol must have a licence or other permission from the local licensing authority which will be the local council. The law governing this area is overseen by the Home Office.

Each Licensing Authority must publish Statement of Licensing Policy every 5 years. This Licensing Policy must have regard to the content of a set of Guidance notes published by the Secretary of State. It should also outline the approach the Licensing Authority will take when considering applications for the sale and supply of alcohol, the provision of regulated entertainment and the provision of late night refreshment, with a view to promoting the licensing objectives.

Although, in essence, these policies will be similar, each authority may add different conditions and considerations so long as they are within the scope of the act.
It is important that you are aware of your councils licensing policy if you wish to make an application to the Licensing Authority. Such applications may include Premises Licence Application, Personal Licence Application, Temporary Event Notices, Change Designated Premises Supervisor, Minor Variation and
Major Variation

Innpacked can take care of all of these applications on your behalf but if you wish to contact your local licensing authority you will find a list of the councils throughout the UK below, with links to their websites licensing page.

Course Finder